Friday, January 31, 2014

Tales From the Crypt

So remember Monday when I declared I was going to be back here blogging more...Well that lasted like a day and half.... It all started Tuesday afternoon at work.  I was sitting at my desk watching the  snow fall when I took a sip of my water...and ouch...my throat started hurting out of no where.


2pm:  I'm not sick!!!

After a couple hours of snow fall we decided to close up shop early and head home before roads got any worse.

5pm:  Am I having chills?!  I can't be sick....I better check my temperature...98...ok I'm totally fine.

6pm:  Why is my head so sore?!...Takes temperature again....WHAT?!?!?!? 103!!!!

So there you have it blog friends after hours of denial I was ready to admit it....I was sick!

ADMITTANCE is the first step in the road to recovery.

All my symptoms pointed to strep throat and after conferring with my doctor it was found to be the culprit.
That night I went to bed at 9 and slept till 10 the next day but when I woke up I was still tired.  I don't know how this was even possible.  If I haven't mentioned this before I am still living with my parents until Kev and I get married in May and it's times like this that I could not be more grateful for them.  Let's face it no one takes better care of you when your sick than your mom!  So shout out to my Momma!

Upon making it out of bed I realized Dad was home sick too!  Who infected who is still in debate but anyways.  Dad proceeded to allow me to watch my tvoed shows in the living room and have unlimited whining time.  We watched Revenge, a couple episodes of Ravenswood and finished off with Teen Mom 2....HE WAS A TROOPER!

After that it was a four hour power nap and then mom came home with some goodies.  I have been raised on the belief that when your sick you just gotta eat through it ...unless you have the stomach bug in which case ignore that statement.  Thanks to mom we were loaded up with popcicles, jello, caffeine (my medicine of choice) and I even got a happy meal.

Thursday was sick day number 2 for me and dad.  I was feeling slightly better but he looked zombie like still...Love you Dad!  After depleting my tvo stash Dad and I resulted in watching some on-demand show.  We checked out Are You the One?, 90 day Fiance and The Bachelor...I am now addicted to all the above omg! Reality TV lol

Well today I'm back at work, still feeling slugish but better than I was.  After work I plan to sit and stay that way this weekend until I feel 100% because I refuse to miss anymore work!

So that's my newest reason for not blogging.  Please hang in there with me.  Have a wonderful weekend!

And once again thanks to my mom and dad for babying me this week.  Kev doesn't know what he's in for.         

No comments:

Post a Comment