Monday, July 21, 2014

Charlotte Weekend Recap

Good Morning Lovelies!
I'm fresh off an action packed weekend.  When Kev got the opportunity to attend a skim board competition in the Outer Banks this past weekend I decided to head to Charlotte to visit one of my favorite people in the world, Sara.  Sara, who you may remember as my maid of honor from my wedding posts, recently moved to Charlotte, aka one of my favorite cities ever!
Friday after work I made the hour and twenty minute drive down I-85.   I am so in love with Sara's place because you can honestly do everything you need without a car.  In a short walk or bike ride she can be in uptown in a matter of minutes.  On the other side she has an awesome neighborhood called Southend which is loaded with shops and restaurants.  After some catching up we decided to hit up Food Truck Friday in the Southend neighborhood.
The highlight of my food truck experience was Southern Cake Queen's strawberry shortcake!  It would be pictured but I couldn't hold back on devouring it.
After that we headed back into Uptown to one of my favorite spots, The Epicenter.  The Epicenter is the mecca of entertainment in uptown Charlotte.  We decided to relax at The Bubble Lounge.  The place seriously reminded me of the Cosmopolitan in Vegas.  We snagged a table on the balcony patio and had a perfect view of the skyline.


Saturday we decided to get our bike on so we got ready and rode to Vapiano in uptown for lunch.  If you've been around my blog before you know I never go to Charlotte without visiting here. Best chicken parm ever!!
Next we biked over to the cutest uptown Starbucks where we and a couple hours of coffee infused conversations.
With the weather looking a little gloomy we biked back over to the Epicenter to see a movie at SMG Cinemas.  Sara had several Groupons so we got in for only $5.  SMG is the coolest theatre I have ever seen.  The seats are like recliners and they have a full service restaurant and bar.  If you want to order any food you press a button and the waitress will take your order.  Amazing right!  You even have a built in tv tray :-)
After an action packed day we rode our bikes back to the house and had a Netflix binge marathon on Witches of the East End.  Oh my goodness I had never heard of this show but it is so addictive!  We only broke our marathon to baked cookies with we the covered with chocolate fudge brownie ice cream!
Sunday brought more dreary weather so we broke out the car.  We headed to brunch at Tyber Creek Pub.  Best omelets ever!
After one more Starbucks run it was time for me to head back to Greensboro. 
A big thank you to Sara for being an amazing host! 




5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good weekend in Charlotte! Did you bring your own bike or did you rent the bikes around town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay you are the second person who talked about this show...i'm gonna check it out! sounds like a fun weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect weekend getaway!! I watched Witches of Eastend last season, but haven't gotten into it this season!! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a sucker for the lights of big city buildings :) Looks like you had a great time!

    Thanks for linking up for MMG!!

    ReplyDelete