Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dining Dish: Wolfgang Puck's Pizza Bar

Kev and I love trying new restaurants!  We are total foodies!  As much as I hate to admit it, Kev is the most adventurous when it come to dining in our relationship but I like to think that I hold my on.  Generally our dinners go like this;  I order one thing...Kev orders something else...I instantly realize Kev made the better choice...we end up sharing both our entrees.

Each month Kev and I try to make a point to go to one new restaurant in the area.  We tend to fall in a dining rut if we don't.  Last month we paid our first visit to Wolfgang Puck's Pizza Bar in Greensboro.  If you aren't familiar, Wolfgang Puck is a famous chef from the Food Network who now has a chain of restaurants (I truthfully wouldn't have known this if my future mother-in-law wasn't a huge fan of his) . His restaurants are placed into three categories fine, casual and express.  According to their website the pizza bar falls into the casual category.  We ate at two of Wolfgang's restaurants when we were in Vegas.  One in The Palazzo and one in Aria.  Both were different from his pizza bar but both we really yummy.



We made reservations on Open Table because we heard it was really crowded on weekends.  We were really lucky to be immediately seated because after us a long wait began.  I was very surprised by the atmosphere of the restaurant.  The lighting was very dim and the decor was very classy.  Most of the other diners were pretty dressed up...we will keep this in mind for our next visit as we were in our casual attire :-).

Kev ordered a pizza for one which could have been a pizza for one and a half and I got the ravioli.  As I mentioned before we did a little bit of entree sharing.  Both of our orders were wonderful and the staff was fabulous.  We never once wanted for anything.  The manager also made a point to talk to every table.  That is something that goes a long way in my book.  I would definitely recommend this place if you you are ever in the Greensboro area.  To find a location close to you click here.







1 comment: