Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekend Recap

Hello my dears!
I'm back after a mini hiatus this past week.  Things have been pretty crazy here in NC weather wise.  Last Sunday the weather was a beautiful 70 degrees but on Monday mother nature decided to throw some sleet and freezing rain our way.  This caused work to close early that afternoon and open late Tuesday morning.  After that I really thought mother nature had enough fun but apparently she had other plans.  Thursday night the freezing rain started and it didn't stop until Friday at 11.  I woke up Friday morning to a text saying that work was canceled due to the fact that there was no power.  A few minutes later there was a large crash in the front yard.  Sadly the storm took down our bradford pear tree along with several others across the area.
Around 9 I decided it was time to settle in, watch some tvo and write a 5 on Friday post.  One sentence in we lost power.  I was immediately thrown into nightmarish flashbacks from my middle school days when we had an ice storm and lost power for 8 days.  Luckily by 5 our power was restored but a lot of people around us are still without electricity.  Driving through town today there are still tons of stop lights out and businesses closed.  The projected total restore date in Wednesday so I am extremely thankful to have power today.
  
After a crazy Friday the rest of the weekend was much more relaxing.  Saturday the temperature reached 65 degrees so all the ice quickly melted away.
Kev and I decided to hit up Bed Bath and Beyond to check out some stuff for our registry.   After seeing that there was a long wait in the store we decided to do it online.  We did jot down some ideas of things we saw in the store.
After that we headed to Downtown Greensboro for a little Cheesecake By Alex date.  The weather was perfect.

We finished off the evening relaxing at the house.  We even broke out the Mario Party on the Wii.  I won...Take that Kev.
Sunday felt short due to the time change but mom and I made a little trip to Target which of course turned into a several hour shopping excursion.  I could spend days in there.  I fell in love with their spring clothes.  I made it out with a dress, a skirt and a bathing suit top.  To say I am excited for warmer weather would be an understatement.

Happy Monday Loves!


  

2 comments:

  1. Target is a time stealer. I walk in and walk out hours later, but it feels like no time at all! Target, Mario and cheesecake...sounds like a good weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend! especially with warmer weather.

    I love Target and anything they have is like kryptonite haha.

    Thanks for linkin' up!

    ReplyDelete