Friday, February 28, 2014

5 on Friday


{One}  OFD Going Postal:  OFD Going Postal was started by the lovely miss Ashley at One Fine Day.  The goal of going postal is to connect bloggers offline by sending good old fashion snail mail.  Every month you are emailed a randomly selected name and address from the group.  While you send a card/letter to that person someone else will have your name and you will receive a card from them.  It's really a neat way to meet new friends and who doesn't love receiving a cute letter.

My first card recipient was from NJ.  I had way too much fun making the card!  I even followed a Pinterest Tutorial on how to create your own envelope out of scrapbook paper and tape.  I was beyond excited when Jenna contacted me on instagram and said how much she liked the card.

If you want in on the action check out here.    




{Two} Brett Eldredge:  Tonight a group of us are going to see Brett Eldredge play at a local venue.  I love his music so I was excited when I heard that he was coming to town.  And the kicker is that tickets are only $10.  I'm so excited and Kev gets to get another country concert under my belt.  



{Three}  Mixology:  Did any of you guys catch ABC's new show Mixology on Wednesday Night?  I've been looking forward to this premiere since I first saw the commercials and I must say the pilot did not disappoint.  I can wait to see where the story line goes! 



{Four}  Prada Marfa:  So I may or may not be in the process of re-watching the entire Gossip Girl series on Netflix #obsessed.  If you've ever watched you might have noticed this painting in the Van Der Woodsen's home.  After some searching I have found several different prints of this on Etsy.  I'm definitely considering getting one!  XOXO Gossip Girl :-)



{Five}  Travel:  It is no secret that I am obsessed with traveling.  To me there is nothing better than having an adventure in a new place.  I love exploring and falling in love with different cities.  I am always scheming to get a trip going.  I'd really like to get a link up going that talks about travel.  Whether it's past, present, future or just some advice and tips I love to hear about it.  If anyone is interested in doing something like this please let me know.

In case you missed it yesterday I did a before the blog post on my last trip to Vegas.  Check it out here.

http://southernclasscarolinasass.blogspot.com/2014/02/travel-throwback-las-vegas-2013.html


6 comments:

  1. Haha, I too just restarted watching Gossip Girl. I miss Serena and Blair what can i say!

    Have a great weekend! xoxo
    Tattered to Taylored

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pen pal link up looks fun, heading to check it out now. I need an excuse to use the bajillion letters i have stored away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have NEVER seen Gossip girl- Maybe I should??? hahaha don't kill me! I want to do snail mail- love that idea! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever seen the episode of Courtney Loves Dallas where they actually go to Marfa, TX to see the famous Prada "store" front?! It's pretty hilarious because it's quite literally in the middle of nowhere!! Hope you have a blast at the concert!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Courtney! I’m Savannah from NCBelle.blogspot.com and I found your blog on a page dedicated to NC bloggers. It’s so nice to meet another Greensboro girl like myself! I have really enjoyed your blog so far.

    I've also nominated you for a Liebster Award! It's a fun way for bloggers to get to know each other and you can check it out here:

    http://ncbelle.blogspot.com/2014/03/a-few-fun-things-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :-) I'm excited to know another Greensboro blogger now! Can't wait to follow along with your blog!

      Delete