Thursday, April 3, 2014

Being Present

Today I'm going to talk about something that has been on my mind lately and that is the topic of being present.  Now that I"m working full time, planning a wedding and still trying to keep a full social calendar I have found it hard to take time out for all the little things.  Too often I find myself rushing about and not really taking enough time to take in the big picture.  My goal not only for this month but for life in general is to be more present.  To forget about everything I need to do next and enjoy the moment I am in.

If you haven't picked up on it yet I'm a total planner!  I absolutely love having things planned to look forward to like vacations and activities but I realize that you can't spend your whole life just waiting on the next big thing.  Time is a precious thing and I really need to treat every minute like it is special.  With this said I am going to make it a priority to slow down and enjoy all the time I've been given.  Sticking with my type A personality I couldn't resist making a list of some ideas to be more present.

1.  Spend less time playing on my phone:
Instagram why must you be so addictive?!?!

2.  Take more walks after work:
With the weather warming up its time to get a little exercise and enjoy the great outdoors.

3.  Do more activities on week nights
Why should the weekends be the only time we get to have fun?

4.  Be more spontaneous
The more I plan the more pressure there is for something to turn out perfect.  Less planning lower expectations.

5.  Acknowledge every day how blessed I am

How do you practice being present?






2 comments:

  1. This is something I have to remind myself to do ALL the time! I have to just pause and breathe and remind myself that it is okay to not have everything finished in that moment..and to not wish away time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do all these too!! ahh :/

    ReplyDelete