Tuesday, August 5, 2014

St. Maarten Honeymoon: Day 1

Not gonna lie I've definitly been behind on my honeymoon posts.  I think that a big part of me hates to admit that it has already come and gone!

The Monday after our wedding Kev and I left for 6 beautiful days in St. Maarten.
We booked our honeymoon about 6 months before through Expedia.  Our resort was Sonesta Maho Beach.  We took a direct flight Charlotte and made it to the island in 3.5 hours.

The island is a beautiful 21 sq miles of perfect beaches.  Our hotel was only a 5 minute ride from the airport and we were soon greated by hotel staff who came bearing cold towels and drinks.

We checked onto our room which had a lovely island view.



After getting settled and changing we headed to the beach for an up close look of the water.






Our resort was all inclusive which ended up being the best decision we could ever make.  It was so nice not to have to carry cash.  We settleed on one of the lunch spots where we feasted on quesadillas.




Next, we headed for the beach!







For dinner we hit the buffet which had a mexican theme for the night.






After that it was time to get some rest ad gear up for the rest of the week!

5 comments:

  1. How fun! I'd love to go to an all inclusive place next time we go on vacation--I think it would make things 10x more easy on us! That place is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving all of your outfits! looks like a gorgeous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was amazing!! I was so sad when my honeymoon was over - but it just necessitates another vacation to be planned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go on an all inclusive trip!!! Glad y'all had a good first day :)

    ReplyDelete