Tuesday, October 1, 2013

30 Before 30

I got into blogging because I loved reading blogs myself. My favorite part about reading a person's blog is that it gives you a glimpse into the life of someone who is otherwise a complete stranger....As I write this I realize that I may be sounding a little creepish but I promise that is not my intention. But really, I love seeing what other people are doing because it always generates new ideas for myself. One thing that I have recently caught many of my twenty something counterparts doing is the 30 for 30 challenge. If you are not familiar with this it is essentially where you select 30 things/goals that you would like to complete before your 30th birthday. In this section I plan to post my list and document as things get complete. So cheers to 30 for 30! Hopefully the next 7 years will be filled with tons of fun. Wish me luck!

1. Marry my best friend
Barring any extreme circumstances I plan on doing this May 2014

2. Go to the Mall of America
Hopefully from the title of my blog you are aware that I am quite the shopper

3. Go to the Xgames
Although I am disappointed that ESPN chose Austin, TX over Charlotte, NC to host the 2014-2016 games I will still be there to support my man Ryan Sheckler

4. Take Kevin to Disney World
With as many places as my fiance' has been to I an extremely surprised that he has never been to the "House of Mouse." So this one is a little be for him but a whole lot for me.

5. Go Snorkeling
Hopefully we'll be doing this on our honeymoon

6. See Taylor Swift Live- Completed 9-12-13

7. Go on a cruise
Even though Carnival does not have the greatest track record right now I still feel the overwhelming urge to take advantage of their low prices.

8. Go to NYC- Completed August 24-28, 2013, See Go to NYC

9. See a Green Bay Packers Game at Lambeau Field
Again this one is for my fiance' who is a die hard packers fan. I swear we have a Brett Farve shrine in our house.

10. See a Atlanta Braves game
We always say we'll go one weekend..We even get free tickets.... so hopefully now we'll go

11. Go to a Vegas Day Club
So I've been to Vegas 2 times in the past few years and have collectively spent less than an hour by a fancy pool. This must change!

12. Go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Don't Judge...I'm a die hard Potter fan

13. Take a Cake Decorating Class

14. Take a Trip outside of the US
Planning to do this on our Honeymoon

15. Take a painting class
Currently I have a wine and design groupon in my possession

16. Go Snow Tubing

17. Camping
This is a real stretch for me. One night outdoors will suffice.

18. Do a Color Run
Even if it is an off-brand one, it looks too fun!

19. See a Giant Panda
This will involve a trip to Atlanta, Washington or San Fran but all the above sound great

20. Swim with Dolphins
I mean who wouldn't want to

21. Go to Biltmore Estates

22. Cook a full four Course Meal
Again this is a stretch for me

23. Go to the CMA Music Fest in Nashville

24. Climb and NC Lighthouse
So far all I've climbed is Tybee Island in, GA so I need to rep my home state

25. Slide down one of the natural water slides in Sedona, AZ
Kevin's already been here and I'm extremely jealous

26. Take Kevin to the Skim Jam in Kill Devil Hill, NC
Kevin is super into Skimboarding and has been taking about this for years

27. See Brittany Spears show live in Vegas
She'll be there certain weekends over the next 2 yrs, I will plan a trip just for this

28. Buy a New Car that Kev and I can agree on
Hopefully this will be years down the road :-)

29. Get family dog

30. Ultimately Spend More Time Making Memories With the Ones I love Most

No comments:

Post a Comment