Sunday, October 13, 2013

6. See Taylor Swift in Concert

Oh Hey Tay Tay.....My experience at the Red Tour

So being this is one of my first posts I should probably introduce you to an important fact about myself.  I have a completely shameless obsession with Taylor Swift.  I know what your thinking "Isn't 23 a little old to be a giant T. Swift fan?" ...and to that I will answer you with absolutely not!  I have adored Taylor since her first album came out when I was in 10th grade.  With this said you will probably be surprised when I tell you that I have never been to one of her concerts. "Gasp"  Unfortunately every time she came through NC I was tied down with something like college or work. So when I saw in January that she would be in Greensboro this September I joined her fan club  and anxiously awaited the presale.  Unfortunately when the tickets went on sale I was unable to get any at the under $100 price level.  I was Crushed!!!

Months passed and eventually September rolled around.  I called local radio stations 100's of times trying to win tickets with absolutely no luck.  When the day of the concert came I moped around work knowing that I would not be in the coliseum that night.  That afternoon I decided to give Ticketmaster one more go and search for tickets.  To my astonishment 2 seats came up for $43 a piece!!!!  How lucky did I get! 

That night my fiancĂ©, Kevin and I headed to the Greensboro Coliseum for what turned out to be the greatest concert of my life....



While originally I thought I was just Taylor and Ed Sherren on the tour I was pleasantly surprised with their opener Casey James.  He had a really good country pop sound and he had all the girls screaming.

Following Casey was Ed Sheeren!  I wasn't quite sure about him on The Red Tour but he was amazing.  Before the show I only knew one song of his but I can now say with confidence that all his music is legit.  He played as a one man band and mixed pitch perfect vocals with reggae type rap.  While I'm not quite sure that Taylor's younger fans and their parents enjoyed him, I give him the Courtney Seal of Approval.

Finally it was time for the Queen herself.  From the start of her set everything from the stage setting to the costume changes were completely flawless.  She look perfect and her vocals could not have been any better.  I even caught my "non-Taylor Swift loving" fiancĂ© clapping along.  I mean who could hate of T-Swift.

Over all the show was nothing short of amazing.  It was a true Taylor Swift Miracle.

There goes #6 on my 30 for 30 list








 

No comments:

Post a Comment