Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans

I am now almost one month into my blogging adventure and I must say I am addicted!  This is my first time linking up with Sami Shenanigans and I'm so excited to check out some new blogs. 
 Happy Monday Ladies!
 
 
 
 
 
After work on Friday I did some Halloween baking for a party we had that night.  Thanks to Pinterest I was able to make skeleton cupcakes and smores' cookies.  Both were a hit!
 
 

 
I also made some "blood worms" as I like to call them.  Essentially it is just cherry Kool-Aid with sour gummy worms frozen inside.  I like to use them as a drink mixer.  It pairs especially good with lemonade. 


So maybe I sharpeed a pumpkin face on my orange Fanta bottle.  I thought it made it more festive.  Sadly everyone assumed it was some special pumpkin juice.  They were a little disappointed when they discovered otherwise.
 

 
I was a flapper for the evening.  It was a recycled costume from my Freshman Year of College.  I must say it's held up good for 5 years.  To my left is my beautiful friend Brittany looking snazzy in her nurse costume, which is not only just a costume but also her work clothes.  It was a 2fer!
 
 
 
I spent Saturday at the Lexington BBQ Festival.  It was an afternoon filled with country music.  The headliners this year included Josh Thompson, Joe Nichols, Brett Eldredge  and Darius Rucker (or as I like to call him Hootie).  In my opinion Joe and Darius stole the show but Brett was quite the cutie!

 
XOXO Courtney

2 comments:

  1. Lovvvve! So happy to have spent the weekend with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Britt! I loved spending the weekend with you too! Can't wait for Hunter!

      Delete