Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday Everyone,

A more appropriate greeting would have read, "eww it's Monday" but I'm trying to stay positive.  So this past weekend was pretty awesome here in CourtneyLand.  "Courtney Land" what am I 12.  Anyway here's a little weekend recap on what went down in my neck of the woods.

Friday evening was quite relaxing.  Kev's parents were out of town and we had doggie duty.  I will now introduce Miss Marni.  She's a total sweetheart.

 


Kev was especially happy this Friday when he found a package on his doorsteps.  He apparently ordered authentic Green Bay Packer receiving gloves.  The price scared me but I will admit they look pretty cool.



Saturday was activity packed.  I started off the morning bright and early and headed out with Brittany and her mom to the annual Women's Only 5k in Greensboro.  The 5k raises funds and awareness for breast cancer prevention and treatment.  This was our 2nd year at the event and we were pumped to put in our 3.2 miles in.



After the race and a Panera lunch I headed over to Kev's.  While I was tired, Kev was ready to get outside.  After some coxing he talked me into going kayaking at Lake Brandt.  It was a beautiful day so I couldn't oppose.


That night I insisted we do nothing but sit, so we got on Netflix and picked out what I was hoping to be a scary movie.  After much debating we  landed on House at the End of the Street with J. Law and the cute brother from Bates Motel.  Overall I thought it was really good.  Even Kev couldn't hate.  The ending had a perfect twist.  I recommend you'd give it a Netflix.




Sunday was my relaxing day this weekend.  I spent the morning catching up on my shows...





and my afternoon reading



And that evening mom and I cooked fantastic supper

All and all it was a great weekend!

XOXO Courtney

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I will definitely be watching the End of the Street soon! BTW they have added the final season of the Office to Netflix, as welll as season two of the New Girl! Yay!

    ReplyDelete