Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Day in Charlotte

So one of my favorite things about working in the financial industry is the fact that we get paid vacation days for all the random federal holidays.  So I now have new reasons to look forward to Columbus Day.  This year I spent my Columbus day in Charlotte, NC with my friend Sara, who drove all the way from Myrtle Beach to hang with me.

We started off our day downtown with lunch at Vapiano.  Vapiano's is defiantly different from the other Italian places I've been in the past.  Here all their pasta is made fresh, in house.  When you order you actually walk directly up to a cook and tell them how you want your pasta and they cook it right there in front of you.  The food was amazing and it all cost me a little over $10.  Not to mention the restaurant has the coolest modern décor.

A tree was growing out of the middle of our table!



After lunch we walked around downtown for a while.  I swear every time I'm down there I find something new.




Next we headed to Bar Cocoa, the cutest little bakery which just so happens to be inside the Ritz Carleton.  Fancy Right?!  Here we feasted on cupcakes, gelato and I had my first macaroon experience. 



After we had our treats in hand we hung out in their exceptionally nice lobby pretending that we were staying there. 




Overall it was a successful day trip.  I am now even more excited that Sara will be moving to Charlotte next year.  I feel some road trips coming on!
 
XOXO Courtney

1 comment:

  1. That was a fun day! :) Yay for many more adventures to come!

    ReplyDelete