Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans

 
Good Morning!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a fabulous start to yet another Monday.  I'm linking up with Sami again for another Weekend Shenanigans post.
 
http://www.samisshenanigans.com/2013/11/its-time-for-weekend-shenanigans_18.html
 
 
My weekend in North Carolina was nice and relaxing.  While the weather wasn't the greatest Kev and I still manged to have a blast and relax after a long work week.  I even had time to do some Christmas crafting and that always makes for a great weekend in my book!
 
Friday night Kev and I headed to our local mall.  My main goal was to check out our new H&M store that opened the day before.  Overall I was impressed with the store but sadly I think everyone and their sister was there at the same time.  All the lines were crazy long but I was still excited to see it!
 
The mall had it's Christmas decor in full swing!
 
After grabing dinner at the food court we headed down to JcPennys
There I found the cutest jean button up for $20!  I couldn't pass up 50% off.  I have been in serch of the perfect jean blouse all fall.  I already have big plans for this number.
 
 
 On my way to the checkout some peplum tops also caught my eye.  I have been looking for a nice black one to go with some of my colored bottoms.  I was able to get this one for a steal at only $13.99.
 
 
On Saturday I could not resist the chance to rock my new shirt.
I paired it with these tribal print leggings I bought months ago and my read ankle boots.  I was feeling a little hippy like so I threw in my jeweled head band.  Honestly this is much different than my normal style but everyone loves a crazy outfit now and again!
 
Top: JcPennys
Leggings: Forever 21
Boots: Old Navy
 
Did you guys catch the awesome Starbucks deal this weekend?  Between 2-5 it was bogo on all holiday drinks.  Kev and I made our way over there and each got a pepermint mocha.  My fave! And I couldn't pass up the cute snowman cookie!  Cheers to my first red cup of the season!
 
 
Next it was off to Hobby Lobby for some craft supplies. 
This week at Hobby Lobby everything Christmas related was 50% off!  There was also a 40% off one item coupon on their website.
 
I have been wanting to make a wreath for Kevs door so I was able to snag all the supplies for $11.00 

Wreath:$5, Ribbon:$2.50, Peppermint Balls $1.00 each, Initial: $1.50
 
 
 
 






Here is my finished product
 
That night we had dinner at Olive Garden and I finally convinced Kev to watch the Hunger Games.  With the sequal coming out next week I knew he had to see it.  So glad Netflix had it!
 
 

Sunday I was still in the crafting mood so this time I made a trip to dollar tree.
 
There I scored this vase and flowers as well as two picture frames and holders.  I then found a couple of free Christmas printables on Pinterst and this was the finished creation.  This will be our mantel set up this year.




Happy Monday!
 
XOXO Courtney



3 comments:

  1. Great post! I like that you finally wore those leggings! Look at you and a printed bottom! Living on the edge lol! :p Very cute X-mas decorations, you are getting in the spirit! Do you have the tree up yet at Kev's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. court, check out this girl's blog, I think you will like it. She is just getting started too but really good blog that I know you will love. :)

    http://thehealthysooner.blogspot.com/p/my-story.html?showComment=1384920314202

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I think I started my blog around the same time as you and I truly enjoy reading your blog. That wreath is super cute and Pinterest is my go to for free printables as well. Glad to be your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete