Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wisconsin Weekend

This past weekend I headed up to Green Bay, Wi with Kev and his parents.  Kev's dad grew up in the north western part of the state so Kev has always been a giant Green Bay Packer's fan.  He even has a super sized Brett Favre picture over our mantel.  Ever since I've know Kevin his dream has been to see the Packer's play in their home stadium. This also knocks  #9 off my 30 for 30 list.

It was quite the day of travel to get to Green Bay.  We started off by driving to the Charlotte airport.  From there we flew to Chicago and after a short layover made our way to Milwaukee.  There we picked up a rental car and drove the final 2 hours to Green Bay.


Here are some pics from our drive through Milwaukee.  Such a beautiful city! 
I would love to explore it more!
 
If you've never been, Green Bay is definitely a sports town.  Everything in it centers around the Packers!

Even the straws at McDonalds supported the Pack!

And all the cabs showed their Packer pride


On our first night we had dinner at Sidelines Grill.  A restaurant directly across from the stadium.  The food was good and it was neat to see so many Packer's fans.  It was here that I tried my first cheese curd.  They are amazing!



The next morning it was game day and the whole town was ready to go super early.  After a warm breakfast at Denny's we made the drive to the stadium and I faced the true cold of Wisconsin for the first time!  Burrrr!  If you are a southern native like myself it is unlike anything you've ever felt before!



 
Our seats were on the 3rd row!  I could almost touch Clay Matthews!


Me and the Packer's most memorable fan St. Vince.  I happened to be sitting right behind him!









 

Even though the Pack lost it was still a neat experience.  Kev had the time of his life and I was so happy to see him so excited.

The next morning it was time to head back to NC.  After seeing some snow we were on our way.  Wisconsin was a beautiful place!  Next time we might visit in the summer though :-)

 
GO PACK GO!
 

XOXO Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment