Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: The Cake

Last weekend Kev and I  had our cake tasting.  We scheduled an appointment with a local bakery that is close to our venue.  Kev has been getting his birthday cakes there for years so when I saw that they also did weddings I knew they would be our first choice.


The tasting went amazing.  We loved the baker and we had so much fun stuffing our faces with all the different types of tasty cake.  I came into the tasting with this picture I found on Pinterest.


After discussing it with the baker he gave me this picture of a similar cake he did last year.  We ultimately decided to meet in the middle.  Our cake will have plum colored ribbon around each layer, purple flowers on top and the W initial wedding topper.



I can't wait to see the real thing!

Also I am excited to being linking up for the first time with Meredith from Belle in Boots for this Wedding Wednesday post.
Happy Wednesday y'all!


7 comments:

  1. it looks beautiful, what flavors did you choose?

    I was also reading your other wedding posts and saw you were from Thomasville, that probably the closest town to where I grew up!

    Good luck with wedding planning and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We decided to go with the basic french vanilla. I'm so excited to meet another blogger from that grew up in the area. Can't wait to follow along with you!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful and chic cake! I remember cake tasting! It was such a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah so beautiful! Cake tasting was one of my favorite things to do!!!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love finding your blog through the linkup! I am also planning a May 2014 wedding (May 31st to be exact) and am getting married in Charlotte, NC! My fiancé and I had our cake tasting last Saturday and it was seriously so fun! Happy Thursday and Happy Planning! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, my wedding date is May 31st too! So exciting to meet a wedding day twin! We are are getting married in High Point, NC. I can't wait to read more about your planning. Happy Thursday to you as well!

      Delete