Thursday, December 12, 2013

Cheers to a New Year: April, May and June

I'm so excited to be linking up with Lauren from Peach State of Mind and all the other wonderful ladies again for the second Cheers to a New Year Linkup!  This week we are focused on April-June.  So let's get these memories rolling.

http://peachstateofmindleh.blogspot.com/2013/12/cheers-to-new-year-aprilmayjune.html


April

Honesty April was a slow month in my book.  I guess it's just the month leading up to summer so all the big plans and trip are yet to come.  One of my favorite things from April was the kickoff of the Greensboro Grasshopper's season.  The Grasshoppers are the local minor league team and Kev and I love going to their games. 

May
May was an exciting month.  The fun started towards the beginning when I hit the big 2-3.  It still hasn't hit me that I'm 23 years old.  I don't know why but 23 just sounds so grown up to me.  I don't know about you but I'm feeling 22....still.

The week before Memorial Day Kev and I headed down to Myrtle Beach, SC.  We generally stay on the south end because his parents have had a condo there for years.  That end of the Grand Strand is usually more laid back than other areas.  We spent the week dining, sunning and most importantly relaxing.
 
 
 

June

June kicked off with Kev's cousin Caitlin's Wedding.  The wedding was held at a beautiful church in Liberty, NC and the reception was at the Asheboro Country Club.  It was such a lovely day.


By mid June it was time for our annual family beach.  My parent's and I have been going to Cherry Grove Beach, SC for the past 20+ years and I have loved every single trip.  Kev got to come for the first few days but couldn't stay the whole week due to work.  We all had a blast!  It was fun reliving all of our favorite traditions.







 Check back next Thursday for the July-September edition!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. April is always a slow, boring month for me! I definitely make up for it with a busy summer though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sunset is GORGEOUS! It looks like you had a great summer kickoff! :) Thanks for linking up again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree in the feelin' 22 thing....23 is such a wierd age. And that fact that I'll be 24 is even stranger...THAT sounds old. Geez! Ha!
    So excited to meet you & drop in from the link-up!
    Happy Thursday, Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up with us... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics; I just love Myrtle Beach so much!

    ReplyDelete