Monday, December 16, 2013

The Book That Started It All


So last summer I purchased this book after seeing it pop up on my suggested products on Amazon.  I have been a Mindy Kaling fan since she was Kelly Kapoor on The Office.  And don't even get me started on The Mindy Project.  It became my instant favorite last season. 

Not trying to sound creepy but I may or may not have a reoccuring dream where I just happen to bump into Mindy on a trip to NYC.  Upon bumping into her she would proceed to tell my how much she loved reading my blog everyday and that she wanted to be best friends!  Ok so maybe it's a crazy dream but on the real I do adore Mindy and I believe she is one of the best comedic writers/actors of our time.

With all this said let me attempt to type my way around to the true point of this post.  I'm not trying to get all chessy here but reading this book really did a lot for me.  I know what your thinking...How can a light hearted, nonfiction, comedic book about Mindy's life teach me something?...Well let me just tell you.

Before I read the book I really had no idea of Mindy's background story I just knew her from her somewhat reoccuring role on the office but after reading this book I realized just how much I could relate to her.

Long story short Mindy chased here dreams to do something creative with her life.  She continued to persue comedy even when no one else thought it was right for her.

After reading this book I felt empowered to find my own creative outlet and BOOM! Southern Class, Carolina Sass was born.  So if you enjoy readying my blog be sure to send a shot out to Miss Kaling and go by this book!  I promise I laughed so hard I cried and that is pretty had to do when reading a book!  Just Saying!

If you're not sold already just check out one of Mindy's childhood pictures that she includes in the first chapter.  I mean how can you say no to this awesomely awkward photo she shared!  Be sure to ready the caption...Priceless!





No comments:

Post a Comment