Monday, December 9, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans


Happy Monday Babies!
I hope you all had a magnificant weekend!
My weekend here in NC was the right mix of holiday cheer and relaxation.
 
Friday evening Kev and I ventured to downtown Greensboro with a purpose!  While I generally wouldn't head to that part of town with the intent of shopping I had heard good things about  a botique in the heart of the city.  The evolution of our downtown area never ceases to amaze me.  Years ago it was crime ridden neighborhooduntil it was revitalized by several investors when I was in high school.  Throughout my UNCG years downtown was a night club haven with an endless supply of college nights.  In the past couple of years we have seen an explosion of hip resturants, theatres and in more recent time cute vintage shops and boutigues.
 
May I now present to you Design Archives Vintage.
This store is a one stop shop for unique gifts and heaven for anyone who enjoys vintage.
 
 
 What origionally drew me to the store was their "home." t-shirts. I am a huge fan of supporting my state and local businesses. These shirts have been popping up everywhere I go and the trademark belongs to a woman right here in Greensboro.
 
I purchased one in a medium shade of blue with a vneck.  I swear it is the softest shirt I have ever owned.
 
 
I also picked up a couple of stickers.  I'm thinking about converting them to magnets for the fridge.
 
 
Saturday morning/afternoon was consumed with Christms Shopping.  After hitting Target and Old Navy I was pooped!
 
I did manage to take a minute to get miss Sheeba in the holiday spirit with some reighndeer ears.
 
 
Following my Christmas Tradition I made some Pilsberry Christmas Tree Cookies.


 Saturday night Kev and I got all fancied up to have dinner with his parents at the Chop House.  This proved to be some of the best food I've had all year.   I feasted on osters rockafella, panko chicken and at the end we all split the famous mile high chocolate cake.  13 layers of chocolate goodness.  The cake itself is nearly a foot high.  This picture doesn't even do it justice. 
 
 
Hope everyone has a wonderfull week and don't forget to check back here for some exciting posts.
 
 
 
 

2 comments: