Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Saying Yes to the Dress

 
After some procrastionation I officially went on my first dress hunting trip two Saturdays ago.  The first place I decided to go was Bridal Mart.  I had decided on trying Bridal Mart are seeing it cited by several brides in our local Triad Weddings Magazine.  I wasn't quite sure what to expect but with my mom by my side I was excited to start the process.  Prior to dress shopping I had looked at some ideas online and in magazines but I literally had no idea what I wanted. 
 
Upon entering the store I was overwhelmed with all the dresses.  I was told to pick three and then I was assigned a style associate.  My associate Brittany was the absolute sweetest!  She took me into the fitting room and along with some assistance from my mom got me into a dress.  After trying on my three I knew there was no need to try on anymore.  I had two very different dresses I loved and I knew I had a tough decision to make!
 
I decided it was too big of a decision to make up my mind on the spot.  I made plans to think about it the next week and return on the next Friday.  Black Friday to be exact.  After looking at the pictures my mom took of me in both dresses there was no contest on which dress to pick.
 
So Friday I returned to the store, had my official measurements taken and my dress was ordered!
I could not be more relieved and excited to know I have the perfect dress for me.
 
What will the dress look like?!
 
You will just have to wait and see! 
 
I promise my Photoshop skills used o be much better. 

4 comments:

  1. That's so nice they let you take pictures in the dresses before you bought them! Every single place I went (even one consignment shop!) would freak out if you tried to take any pictures in the dresses! So glad you found the perfect dress, I'm sure it is gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! so happy for you!! can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought my Dress at bridal mart and it was such a great experience! All of the girls there were super sweet! I loved it so much that my best friend even purchased her dress from there a couple of months ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been really great there! I had my first alterations appointment today and they were really wonderful to work with. I'm glad to here you had a great experience there too!

      Delete