Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Times A Comin'

So it's the night before Christmas Eve or as I have been calling today, the Eve of Christmas Eve.  This past weekend really flew by!  Normally I would complain about this but as I mentioned in my 5 on Friday I am off all this week, and next Monday.  I return to work on New Year's Eve but luckily we close at 3 for the holiday and remain closed that Wednesday.  So basically in this week and a half period I only work 7 hours and I am so excited!  It's like a full blown adult Christmas Vacation. 
 
Friday kicked off with our Ugly Christmas Sweater Party!  Sadly I only took a few pics because I was slightly overwhelmed by the number of people who showed up for our festivities.  Usually I am an over preparer for everything in life.  I mean I'm that person who has a bag of generic gifts in case I forget a Birthday and a pack of assorted greeting cards in my car...but when I wasn't sure how many people were actually coming to our party I only made 1 batch of cookies and 1 pack of cinnamon rolls.  Should have listened to my over preparer instinct because there were about 10 extra people there...So food was in short supply...I would have pics of that too but it was consumed in a matter of minutes.  Lesson Learned:  When it seems like no one is coming, everyone is coming plus some...Have plenty of baked goods!


 
Kev started Saturday off by declaring Courtney Day!  If you are not familiar with this holiday it is a special day when Courtney (myself) is spoiled.  I'm always up for a Courtney Day.  For my C-day event I chose to see Anchor Man 2.  Kev also gave me a free pass to get as many overpriced concession stand items as my heart desired.  I loaded up on popcorn, cookie dough bites and a giant cheery coke which the worker swore was a small.
 
 
Anchor Man was epic!  If you haven't seen it yet stop what your doing and GO!
 
Well actually since you are reading my blog finish that then go :-)
 
That night we has a Christmas celebration with Kev's aunt and uncle.  We spent the evening eating, catching up and exchanging presents.
 
Sunday was super lazy.  My friend Sara is in town so we caught up over lunch and I spent the rest of the day getting ready for Christmas with my parents. 
 
That night I watched the Brittany Spears special on E! and now I'm even more excited to see her Vegas show.  I'm already scheming on a trip to see her there next Fall.  Pretty Please Kev!!!
 
 
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Eve tomorrow!
 

1 comment:

  1. Courtney Day is such a cute idea! Enjoy your loooong vacation and have a Merry Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete