Thursday, December 19, 2013

Cheers to a New Year: July, August and September

 
It's that time again for the Cheers to a New Year link up with Lauren from Peach State of Mind and all the other lovely co-hosts.  This week we are focusing on July, August and September. Here's some of my favorite memories from these months.
 
 
 
July
 
July kicked off with me and Britt going to see Luke Bryan, Thompson Square and Florida Georgia Line in Charlotte.  The concert was awesome!  This was my second time seeing Luke and he does not disappoint.
 
Also in July Kev bought a boat.  Ever since I met Kev he has been dreaming of owning a boat.  After years of saving up extra money this beauty is finally in our garage.   

 
August
 
The first weekend in August Kev and I went with our friends Brittany and Kory to the National Whitewater Rafting Center in Charlotte.  There we got to raft, ride zip lines and kayak on the Yadkin river.  This will definitely be a yearly trip from now on!

 
The next weekend Lauren and I headed down to Holden Beach, NC.  A family friend of hers has a place there and lets us use it when we want to visit.  We went several times during college so it was nice to go back and reminisce.



 
At the end of August my friend Sara and I went on the best girls trip in the existence of our 15 year friendship.  This was both of our first trips to NYC and we spent a glorious 5 days exploring the city.  (You can see a recap of my trip here.)




 September
 
September was a month full or country concerts.  First Kev and I saw Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeron in Greensboro.

That same week  Parlamee played a free show at our local fair.



And the following week our local radio station hosted the best concert ever!  For $10 we got to see Cassadee Pope, Charlie Worsham, Thomas Rhett, Gloriana and Little Big Town.  I'm still shocked this happened!


 
That's all for this week!  Check back next Thursday for our final recap!


2 comments:

  1. what a fun summer!! that boat looks awesome....i love love love me some NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had an amazing summer! I love river rafting as well.

    ReplyDelete